ZIKA-VID aims to assess immunologic and virologic aspects of ZIKV infection, as well as ZIKV diagnostics, including:
- 1) Diagnostics for ZIKV infection in pregnancy and childhood
- 2) Virological/Immunological correlates of vertical transmission and protection
- 3) Virological/Immunological characteristics of congenital ZIKV infection and how these differ among infants with and without congenital ZIKV disease
- 4) Differences in virological/immunological characteristics of congenital ZIKV infection among infants presenting with short-term sequelae and not
- 5) Natural history and virological characteristics of ZIKV infection in a cohort of male patients in relation to potential for sexual transmission.
This WP is lead by Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, with University College London co-leading.